- Finish the book. April is coming.
- Finish last year's scrapbook. I never got the last two trips in and soon it will be time to start a new one. April is coming.
- Repair or reorganize the items I brought in from the camper last fall for those purposes. April is coming.
- Try out some new recipes. Which is a good excuse for a party. April is coming.
- Get out the calendar. It's only a couple of weeks until we can start making reservations in Iowa parks and the Corps of Engineers and other states have bigger windows. After all, April is coming.
To build this site, I went through a lot of camping photos and it made me very eager for camping weather. I have been working on revisions on the second Frannie Shoemaker book, The Blue Coyote, and while I am writing or rewriting, I'm there living it. So it's always kind of a shock to close my laptop and realize it's still January. But there are antidotes.
Some random thoughts about writing, camping, and eating.